Suggestion by Jafar Amin, HSBC

Like everything else in life, preparation and research is key. As the old adage goes " fail to prepare, prepare to fail!"

- Treat every application and interview as unique - you must make the company or the person interviewing feel like they are the only place that
you are applying to even though everybody knows that this is not the case.

- Research the company extensively and find out some specific details which you should be prepared to discuss if necessary. You must remember
that the management team is interviewing hundreds of candidates and you need to stand out from everyone else.

- CV should be no longer than 2 pages. Include non-academic achievements and highlight whatever work experience you have including volunteer work. If you haven't got any work experience, you need to get it! It shows that you have the ability to juggle different priorities and are not simply
reliant on parents.

- Think about what you would do to add value to the company that you have applied to. Why should they hire you? Just because you have top marks doesn't entitle you to the job.

- Your appearance is important - Dress smartly, conservatively, matching colors - shirt, tie, pants and shoes. Your clothes don't need to be
expensive but the tie has to be worn right, your shirt should be crisply ironed and your shoes should be polished.

- Be confident in the interview. The interviewer will typically try and throw you off and away from your comfort zone by being aggressive or asking
controversial questions. Take your time and pause before responding if you think that helps.

- Finally and most importantly use every opportunity to network. Knowing people helps - that's true for the largest companies in the world to
companies in Bangladesh. Find ways to maintain the contacts you make without being overbearing and annoying. There is a fine line between the
two and it is easy to make the mistake of overdoing it.

- Self-promotion is important but important to present in a team context. Remember you are selling yourself !

Jafar Amin
Executive Officer, HSBC, London

17 comments:

chonchol69 said...

hi dear,
i am nissad kabairaj (chonchol) student of the chartered university college in dhanmondi.my subject ACCA.

i am looking for a job.frankly speaking that, i great interested to do this job.

if you all help me for this job,i will greatful to all.

my contact number-01674006677

SHARMIN said...

sir, I am sharmin. I just complete my H.s.c EXAM . AND I am applicant of eden collage. i need a job urgently. please help me to get this job i will be so pleased of you.

SHARMIN said...

please contact:01911087794
sharmin

Unknown said...

Hello sir I am Khalilur Rahman
I interested to do this job. I need your help to do this job. If you help me then I can do this job. I already doing a job now in a call center in BPO. I am a student of BCSE in IUBAT in 6th semester.
Please Sir give a chance to do this job. I need a part time job in Dhaka.
Thank you
shakib494@gmail.com
01937928753

Unknown said...

Hello sir,
I am khalilur Rahman from Uttara,
I completed my BCSE 6th semester in IUBAT and I really interested to do this job.Now I am still working in a call center in Nikunja-2.I have four month call center job Experience. If you give me a chance in you organization then i will proud for your kind.
Thank you
Contact: 01937928753
Email: shakib494@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello sir,
I am Rashida akter chaity,
I have completed my intermediate in Mirpur bangla collage, Dhaka.now i am study in BA 1st yera Mirpur bangla collage. and now i am still working a Aristocrat Group customer care executive in Gulsan-1,i have 1 year call center experience. so if you give me a chance in your organization then i will proud for your kind.If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at the number listed below.
Thank you,
01967479688
E-Mail:-Chaity.r89@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Sir,
My name is Md.Qawsarul alam.I am a student of Institute of Health Technology under Dhaka University faculty of medicine;study in B.sc in physiotherapy. i am interested to get a part time job at citycell call centre.You all are help meto get a job.i will be very pleasure and i hope you call me an interview to prove my worth and efficiency
contact:01775106106
Date:5th monday,November,2013

/\/aymisha_ said...

dear sir,i am a student of eden college.now i am in 4th year.i need part time in call center of citycell.

Unknown said...

MD.Faisal Ahmed said...

I’m the student of national university BBA (hon's)departmant of Management (2nd year).I’m very interested for part time or full time job.
If you all are help me to get a job, I will be very pleaser
Contact Number- 01672399271
Email -Faisalshuovo@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Md.Masudur Rahman said.... Sir, I am a student of B.B.A. of City University of Bangladesh. I am very interested to do that of job. Please, give me a change to prove my worth. Please contact with me.......
Contact no - 01680158881,
01937090063

Unknown said...

Md.Masudur Rahman said.... Sir, I am a student of B.B.A. of City University of Bangladesh. I am very interested to do that of job. Please, give me a change to prove my worth. Please contact with me.......
Contact no - 01680158881,
01937090063

Unknown said...

nice post for us .it is very effective for students. thankyou very much .

Unknown said...

Hi I am shakib. I am to much interested to do this job. I am student of IUBAT at 9th Semester. Right now I am doing Customer Relation Executive job at Legato Service Ltd.
my email : mkrs9283@gmail.com
phone: 01937928753

Unknown said...

I am a student to MBA uttara university.I am interested to this job.name.lutfar rahman 01720473919 mlrarif1987@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am a student to MBA uttara university.I am interested to this job.name.lutfar rahman 01720473919 mlrarif1987@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Dear Sir/Madam
I am undergraduate fourth year student in the field Electrical and Electronics Engineering in International University of Business Agriculture and Technology.I am interested to work at HSBC, if u kindly give me achance to work in HSBC, i will be pleased to you.

Shaif Ali Manik
Moile No.: 01824174952
Email: manik.iubat.eee@gmail.com

Unknown said...

i,m a student of class degree 1st year.....call center akaj korte issuk...please call 01738020261